Quick question for the admin team...

This is a general discussion area, open to everyone. You can chat about anything provided you follow our Rules of Conduct. (see Announcements)

Moderator: iPool Moderators

Traum

Quick question for the admin team...

Postby Traum » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:41 am

...is this it now?

What I mean is, can we expect to see any sort of big advertising push to get more people on the game, or has Brandon just written the game off?

Seems as though it's just gone to the dogs now.. left to rot away.
Even snooker looks like it's going the same way.

Letting a game of this standard just die a slow death seems like a massive shame.

Just wondering if there was any plan of action to genuinely entice people back on to here..?

Even though codes are only pennies these days, we are still your paying customers, so a bit of clarification would be appreciated.

AlphaWoIf

Re: Quick question for the admin team...

Postby AlphaWoIf » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:41 pm

has selling it to someone who actually wants it to succeed ever been considered?

Dragonaut

Postby Dragonaut » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:58 pm

It's a dying market unfortunately, but with that being said:

Make trials free for an unlimited time but decrease their level of freedom on the game (only paying members can enter tournaments for one example). 14 days to decide whether or not you want to pay to continue playing the game is simply not long enough for the majority, but give it time and you'll get many more paying.

I don't even think all that much advertising is needed to be honest. If someone is keen enough to want to find an online pool game that's actually good (in ten years of playing online pool I've only ever come across this and one other I've found worth staying around for), they'll find this eventually. And as membership increases, the site will naturally garner more attention anyway. And monthly Elites can eventually find their way back into the fold, and that in itself will encourage yet more Ts to become Rs.

jUstcAllmEdOc

Postby jUstcAllmEdOc » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:23 pm

I know he's been doing some paid advertising with google now, but that can be a slow process but as time goes by, could bring new members.. He's working on an update for Windows 10.. A couple of the bugs are definitely being hard to locate but he is working on those, but in any online game, there are bugs.. As far as the Elites go, we tried doing them twice a month but to no avail.. I'd be glad to get them started again.. It would help if those left on the game would come on the game more and play each other more, it's still a good game without a league running.. I could possibly do another knockout league, they run good until they take to long and players drop out, which seems a lot of the time, not always though, are the case..

stratician
Site Admin

Postby stratician » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:04 pm

We're going to start targeting Facebook for an advertising platform, as social networks are where a lot of traffic is today. I am also working on improving our Google Page Rank, which is where the majority of search engine traffic comes from. It does take some time to get positioned better on Search Engines and it's largely down do how many quality links you have to your site. Keywords / Meta tags will help a bit also, which I'm changing now, based on our competitor's games.

If any of you have ideas for advertising, I'm more than happy to read them and give my feedback. I want to get the games back to where they were or at the very least a full lobby with tournaments of 50+ members.

WalkingDead

Postby WalkingDead » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:09 am

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to 50+ players. :)

Return to “General Discussion”